How I see it...

Laying in my hammock, sipping an adult beverage, I contemplate the deeper issues and finer points of this world and my life. I reach well informed opinions and share them here. Being mostly Irish, I can argue either side of any issue; but you throw the Swede in there and I become a very stubborn, stoic, stick-to-my-values type of person.

Monday, October 25, 2010

Transparency in Government Pipedream

We are fast approaching the mid-term elections the the standard crop of usual suspects facing a batch of fresh faced hopefuls all with a message of change, control, reigning in, and transparency of our out of control government.

You want total transparency in our government? Control? Force the people we send to Washington to be completely accountable for their EACH and EVERY action!

How?

Single item bills.

People have tried for years to gain the line-item veto and it has been declared invalid and maybe even unconstitutional. So, let's try and end run and make it illegal to attach random, non-related items to a bill. Make each bill passed be a single issue with nothing else attached. No dairy cow abduction research money attached to a military spending bill.

Force a balanced budget amendment as well.

This will bring about a era of fiscal responsibility like we've not seen for ages; if ever!

I would like to see our law process go a step further to a forced reduction in length of verbosity to define a new law. The fewer words used to write an issue, the less confusion and a massive reduction in loopholes. I can hear you asking, "Well, how would they get Healthcare passed in only ten pages?" Simple, they don't. Our government has NO business providing healthcare to it's citizens. Allow insurance to compete across all borders and the costs will come down. Let the states provide industry and medical over site to handle fraud and abuse of the system from both sides.

Yes, I know it is a pipe dream. Politicians are used to running this country using the "system" and straight up subterfuge. You want to fix this country? Fix the system.

No comments:

Post a Comment