How I see it...

Laying in my hammock, sipping an adult beverage, I contemplate the deeper issues and finer points of this world and my life. I reach well informed opinions and share them here. Being mostly Irish, I can argue either side of any issue; but you throw the Swede in there and I become a very stubborn, stoic, stick-to-my-values type of person.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

cbs4denver.com - Investigators Look Into Possible Plot To Kill Obama

 

cbs4denver.com - Investigators Look Into Possible Plot To Kill Obama

 

Is this really surprising?  I didn't think so.  What is surprising is that it took this long to have the whackos start to come out of the woodwork.  Nor do I think it will be the last we see of their ilk.  It is saddening to think that very little has actually changed in America over the years.  We have had attempts on the lives of every president and many of the hopefuls.  And there are those, sickeningly, who will try to kill Obama simply for the color of his skin.

I have railed against racism in this blog before and I am sure that I will have to do it again.  There are just too many racists in this country.  Of all races, creeds, and religions. 

And I will say it again: Anytime that ANYBODY brings up RACE as the basis for ANYTHING (other than the obvious hate crime) it keeps racism alive and well.

No comments:

Post a Comment